Your radiator is crucial when it comes to keeping your engine from overheating, allowing it to run smoothly and efficiently.
How Your Radiator Works
The radiator sends a mixture of coolant and water through a series of hoses through the engine, where it absorbs as much heat as possible. The mix returns to the radiator, where flat tubes expel the heat and a fan scatters it into the atmosphere. Once cooled, the fluid is then free to return to the engine and remove more of the heat that it's producing.
Hoe to Spot Radiator Trouble
Unfortunately, even the highest quality radiator parts can go bad. That's a problem, since that can lead to your engine overheating and suffering more problems. Here are some signs that your radiator may be failing:
- You notice the sweet, syrupy smell of coolant
- You spy pools of green, red, or yellow liquid under your vehicle
- You hear odd engine noises
- Your temperature gauge reads significantly higher
- Your AC or heating malfunctions
If you do need to replace any radiator or cooling parts, you want to make sure to use the right parts for your model. Those are always going to be the genuine OEM parts that were designed specifically for it. They're guaranteed to be compatible, ensuring the fit and quality that you demand. Our online auto parts department has everything you need, in stock and ready to ship. Order now to save both time and money!
No results found for "radiator, radiator hose, radiator cap". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!